Our relationships are what matter most to us. Family therapy helps people in close relationships help each other. We will support family members to share and explore difficult thoughts and emotions safely and in confidence. We can help you to understand each others experiences and views, to appreciate each others needs, to build on family strengths and to make useful challenges in your relationships and your lives - as individuals and as a family. We will help you overcome issues and challenges, build your confidence and resilience as a family unit, and develop your capacity to overcome future challenges.
Family can mean different things to different people and we will meet with whoever is important to you. We see individuals, couples, children of all ages, grandparents, siblings, adult children with their parents, looked after children, aunties, uncles, friends, carers and other professionals.
We can help you and your family with (for example):
- Family communication
- Child and adolescent behaviour difficulties (troubled and troublesome)
- Parenting issues
- Mental health and addiction issues
- Gender issues
- Eating disorders
- Depression and self harming
- Relationships issues
- Physical illness and disability
- Separation, divorce, and step family life
- Fostering, adoption, kinship care
- Loss of loved one
- Immigration and issues faced by refugee families