4 days per week, salary equivalent circa £30,000 pro-rata
Location: 9A Dundas Street, Edinburgh
Our current Practice Manager is leaving us after 8 years for new challenges at an exciting time where Bright Light continues to grow to meet the changing needs of our clients. This is your unique opportunity to come and join the Bright Light team, to help shape the next step of our successful journey. You will not normally be expected to deliver counselling or supervision personally within Bright Light. Reporting to the CEO, you will be a key member of her small dedicated and inspiring Senior Management Team, responsible for daily delivery of first class counselling/family therapy/coaching and wellbeing services and direct line management of the Family Therapy Lead and “Selfie” Young People’s Coach. You will also deputise for the CEO taking the lead on agreed specific areas of work.
Closing date extended to 5pm Friday 21st September 2018
Interviews Thursday 4th October 2018
Practitioners for Individual and Couple clients
We want to hear from you if you:
- Hold a recognised qualification in relationship counselling at diploma level or above.
- Are a registered therapist with Relate or Relationships Scotland.
- Are flexible when and where you are able to work as we offer counselling at a number of sites across Edinburgh and the Lothians and sessions during the day, some evenings, and Saturday mornings.
We also welcome counsellors working to become accredited and can support you on your journey. For further information please email us with your details.
Would you like to work as a volunteer counsellor? With Bright Light we promise you:
- elegant New Town premises for you to work in and full receptionist cover while counselling
- support throughout the accreditation process
- professional administrative support and secure policies and protocols leaving you free to focus on your client work,
- monthly individual supervision and group supervision,
- mentoring and ad hoc consultations,
- case studies for accreditation or academic purposes subject to the client's consent and their confidentiality being respected in line with policy,
- up-to-date Bright Light policies that reflect changing professional practice and legislation,
- Bright Light will hold all of our practitioners so you are working safely and competently without getting overly stressed.